RECIPE || Honey Nut Breakfast Cookies
Here's a super easy, healthy breakfast recipe for #bodylovetuesday that'll leave you enough in the batch to take you through the week!
They're gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free, a good source of protein and super high in fibre - the perfect healthy start to the day.
Psyllium husk is an amazing source of fibre, but does tend to absorb a lot of water within your digestive tract. Be sure to drink some water after enjoying these cookies to help keep your system healthy!
- 8 tbs nut butter (find one that's 100% nuts, nothing else) - I used peanut for this batch
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 8 tbsp raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a cookie tray with baking paper.
- Combine nut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and sweetener in a large bowl. Mix in the egg.
- Stir in the flour, oats and psyllium husk. Mix until just combined.
- Using 2 tbs of mixture at a time, roll into balls and place on the cookie tray. Gently press down on each cookie with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool, before storing in an air-tight container.