RECIPE || Guilt-Free Chocolate & Raspberry Pancakes
A decadent, romantic breakfast idea to enjoy with your love! Plus they're gluten, dairy and refined sugar free for the win.
Rich chocolate and tart raspberries are a winning combo any time of day, but there's something special about indulging in wonderful things like this at breakfast time... especially when they're packed with nourishing ingredients!
Makes 4 small pancakes
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour (or other gluten free flour)
- 2 tbs organic cacao powder
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, plus extra for decorating
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg and milk, then stir until mixture is smooth.
- Warm the raspberries in the microwave for 30 seconds to make them soften and bleed, then gently fold them into the pancake batter.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium-high heat. You can add a little coconut oil, spray oil or butter if you wish.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan. Flip the pancake as soon as it can hold it's shape. Note - these pancakes won't 'bubble', so be careful not to overcook.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until finished.
Serve with extra warmed raspberries and coconut chips. Yum! x