RECIPE || Thai Chicken Meatballs
We've got one stellar gluten free meatball solution for a healthy mid-week dinner! These also double up as a ripper lunch the next day, and are great cold as well.
Almost every Thai recipe I come across has coriander in it (aka, devil herb), so this does not. You could add it, I guess, if you're in to that sort of thing, but they're plenty Thai-tasting without it!
Makes approximately 15 meatballs.
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 thumb-sized nob of ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 large red chilli
- Zest and juice from half a lemon
- 1 tbs gluten free fish sauce
- 2 tbs oil of choice for frying (I used half sesame, half coconut)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (I used the Vitamix) and process until well combined. Depending on your blender, this might be easiest done in 2 batches.
- Roll mixture in the meatballs and put in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and cook meatballs. Be careful not to over cook, as this will dry them out. You want them crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Serve with dipping sauce such as some good quality BBQ, or whole-egg mayo works well.